Monday 5 May 2014

Grades for the Extra Credit English Assignment

Hi there!
I'm sure you girls have all been eagerly awaiting your grades for this assignment, so here we go!
I only got two back, but that's okay.
It was just a fun one for extra credit anyway, so no one actually had to do it.
I will grade Samantha's first:

Name: Samantha Parkington

My favorite Winter Olympic sport is ice skating. I like it because the skaters look very graceful. Thier costumes are very pretty. I like the ice dancing part, it looks very pretty and I love the way they dance on ice like they have been skating before they learned to walk! The figure skating is nice because they look like they are doing ballet. I love the flips and spins that they do, especially the one where the man throws the lady in the air and she spins around, and then the man catches her - all while they are skating on that slippery ice! A very big and beautiful feat.

The basics of why I like figure skating are: They look pretty, they look very at home on the ice, their costumes are beautiful, and lastly, they perform amazing feats that are a lot of fun to watch!

Samantha Parkington

Samantha, you essay flows very nicely, and you have also included some good points on why you like that sport. Your grade is:

A+!

Well done, Samantha!

Next up is Melody's one:

My Favourite Olympic Sport
By Melody

Today, I have been asked to write about my favourite Olympic Sport. I have chosen to write about figure-skating.

Figure skating is my favourite sport because I love how graceful the skaters look on the ice. All of those perfect twists, turns, jumps and glides just make me gasp in amazement at all of the effort that must go into it.

I especially like all the amazing costumes that skaters wear. Floaty skirts, shiny fabric, beads, sequins--bliss!

And that is why figure skating is my favourite Olympic Sport.

Melody

Melody, your essay was great as well, but it didn't flow into the ending as nicely as Samantha's did, therefore your grade is:

B+!

Good job, Melody.

I was happy to see that I had at least two essays turned in and how much work was put into them. Wonderful job, girls!

Note:
For anyone who was wondering about the school newsletter still not being out, we don't have enough entries yet, so please get writing!

3 comments:

  1. What a rip off of a school!!!! I enrolled one of my dolls Last november and filleed out the form and everything, but my dolll never ended uo being listed as a member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am extremely sorry about all the issues with the forms. It's because another teacher runs some of them, and I lost contact with her because she hasn't replied to my emails or anything asking her if she can email me the form responses. If you can comment below with your email address, I will email you a link to the new form for the new website, and if you fill that out I will enroll your dolls on this one and on the new website.
      Again, I am very sorry. All these problems will be sorted on the new website, because any students and teachers who have not been active within three months of being officially enrolled will be removed from our system. That should keep everything more organised and running better.
      Hope this helps!
      Miss Adeline

      Delete
  2. Why have you not ffilled my enrollment request?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, but first there are a few simple rules to follow:

1. No swearing
2. No use of OMG
4. Don't talk too much about religion, it might offend people.
5. Have fun!

Oh, and please don't get cross with each other, but feel free to politely disagree about anything, just don't let it get heated.

Please make sure that your comment obeys all of these rules before publishing it, because any that do not will be immediately deleted.

Thanks for commenting and have a nice day!
Miss Adeline