Sunday 13 October 2013

Spring poem Grades

Dear Students,
I am sure you have all been eagerly awaiting grades for your first English assignment, (write a spring-themed poem) and I think you will be pleased to know that I have finally looked through these poems, and graded them! (I have decided to give them out early, mainly because I believe I have got all of the ones that are going to be sent in, and the date for the book review to be in by is still the 19th, it hasn't changed)
First up is:


Spring

Spring is when
The birds sing.
When you hear the flower chime,
You know its spring time.
Chicks will hatch,
So bake a cookie batch.
Flowers will appear,
I hope you will hear.
Winter away!
Eater horray!
By Emily Rose Bennet

Dear Emily,
Your poem is wonderful! I love how your poem has such a lovely ring to it! Oh, and the missing "S" in Easter, was there when I received your poem. However, since it is obviously just a typo, and not an intentional or not  knowing the spelling mistake, it has not affected your grade.
Here is your grade:

A+

Well done, Emily!

Next up is:

Spring 
A Haiku By: Farah Brooks
The pretty flowers,
All blooming outside of my house,
Spring all around me

Dear Farah,
I like how you did a Japanese Haiku poem, it makes your work very unique. I'm also impressed with how you got all of your spelling right.
Here is your grade:

A

Well done, Farah!

Lastly, 

Ring a Ding Spring!
By Cara Clarke, age 9

Ring a Ding Spring
ting aling Ding
oh today it is Spring
oh the bells they do ring
and I feel I could sing
like a Bird and hum like a Bee!
the grass is green and the flowers
they are no higher than my knee.
and the Pretty Birdies I Know are called Bower.
the Pretty yellow chicks and little lambs that spring
are a knowing that it is deffinately spring
today with a ting aling Ding
and a Ring a Ding Spring!

Dear Cara,
I really liked your poem, but unfortunately, some of the punctuation wasn't quite right, and a couple of words where miss-spelled, but I really liked the idea of your poem, it was really unique! You just need to practice spelling and punctuation a bit more.
Here is your grade:

C+

Well done, Cara!

Okay, everyone did really really well today, and I'm sure you all did your very best! Please don't be offended at your grade, the grades where really hard for me to give out, knowing that I had to be fair, but feeling bad that I could only give Cara a C+, but please know that I had to be fair, and couldn't just give students an A+ just because I felt sorry for them. And again, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, about your grades, or anything!



P.S. I hope you don't mind that I decided to grade these early, but please let me know if you hadn't had a chance to get your poem in yet, and I will put it on here with a grade, but it still has to be in by the 19th of October at the latest, I cannot make extra allowances and grade any of the poems for this assignments after that date.

1 comment:

Comments make my day, but first there are a few simple rules to follow:

1. No swearing
2. No use of OMG
4. Don't talk too much about religion, it might offend people.
5. Have fun!

Oh, and please don't get cross with each other, but feel free to politely disagree about anything, just don't let it get heated.

Please make sure that your comment obeys all of these rules before publishing it, because any that do not will be immediately deleted.

Thanks for commenting and have a nice day!
Miss Adeline