Tuesday 5 November 2013

History Assignment Grades

Dear Students,
Here are the grades which you got for your History Assignment where you had to draw a colonial gown. We had quite a few entries for this one, and they were all beautiful!

This is Cara's one. Isn't it just beautiful? I really like the gathered sleeves.
Wow Janet! Those stripes were very inventive!

I love the Stomacher on yours Kaya!

I like all the pretty decoration on the bodice!

Your gown is perfect for a ball, Melody!

I love the gorgeous floral fabric on this one, Rikki!


Now, you all did really well! Here are your grades:

Cara: I really liked your picture, however, this is meant to be 1774 in America, and those kind of sleeves weren't really seen until a bit later, and I don't really think that they were worn much in America. However, your drawing was still really good, so I give you...............

B+!

Well done, Cara!

Janet: Your picture was really unique! Except that the patchwork skirt and vertical stripes aren't really authentic, but you still got the general idea in the style. I give you...................

C+!

Great job, Janet!

Kaya: I loved your picture! The gown was very authentic, even down to the beautiful detail on the stomacher, and the ruffles on the elbow-length sleeves! I give you.....................

A+

Fantastic effort, Kaya!

Kit: I liked your picture, but unfortunately, the style of the gown you drew wasn't really seen until a bit later. And the accuracy isn't perfect, considering if you put the gown in 1774, then it looks kinda like the sort of dress a servant would wear, but you put decoration on the bodice, and gave the lady a necklace. I still really liked it, but unfortunately it wasn't as accurate as some of the other ones, as it looked like something out of the 1790's to the early 1800's. Here is your grade........................

C!

Very nice, Kit!

Melody: Your gown looks pretty much exactly like something that Felicity or Elizabeth would wear to the Christmas Eve ball! However, the gold fabric and lace isn't really very authentic, as only very rich people would be able to afford it. But.....the green and pink are perfect, and so is the beaded choker! I award you with.....................

A!

Fantabulous job, Melody!

Rikki: I think your dress is as good as Kaya's! This would be a perfect dress for wearing at home, so not too fancy, but still very elegant. The long sleeves would make this an ideal dress to wear in the colder months, and the pleated lace ruffle on the neckline is very authentic, exactly like what they would've worn back then. I will give you...................

A+!

Fabulous picture, Rikki!


1 comment:

Comments make my day, but first there are a few simple rules to follow:

1. No swearing
2. No use of OMG
4. Don't talk too much about religion, it might offend people.
5. Have fun!

Oh, and please don't get cross with each other, but feel free to politely disagree about anything, just don't let it get heated.

Please make sure that your comment obeys all of these rules before publishing it, because any that do not will be immediately deleted.

Thanks for commenting and have a nice day!
Miss Adeline